To the mechanical function of the PS series interval knocker, the PJ series compressed air combination knocker adds a blast of compressed air that propagates along the inner silo wall and into the material. The impact vibration is also amplified by the compressed air. The PJ Series Compressed Air Combi Knockers are particularly suitable for media with a tendency to bridge and slough, as well as those with hygroscopic properties.
Compressed air combi-knockers of the PJ series are activated pneumatically or electro-pneumatically. They simultaneously develop a hammer blow as well as a blast of compressed air amplified by the blow, which acts along the inner wall of the container and simultaneously in the product. This combined effect optimally solves existing mass flow problems.
- as a discharge aid in case of problems with bridge or vent formation and problems with residual emptying of vessels
- especially efficient with powders that tend to compact under pressure
- for very fine, dry powders
- knocking off and loosening of adhesions on the walls of bunkers, hoppers, bins and silos
- even with hygroscopic properties of the bulk material
- Maintaining the material flow and loosening product jams
Compressed air knockers of the PJ series have a reservoir for the compressed air and a spring-returned piston that strikes the weld-on plate supplied. They can be activated electropneumatically. After activation, a diaphragm valve releases the compressed air contained in the reservoir to the piston, which then strikes the plate welded to the silo or hopper. At the same time, a blast of compressed air is delivered along the tank wall. As a result of the impact and compressed air blast, the adhering or bridging product inside the hopper detaches and falls down towards the discharge. Our compressed air knockers can be equipped with an automatic working time-pause control, which enables self-sufficient operation. The time intervals can be set by the user in the range of seconds to several minutes.
The rappers are operated with 3 to 6 bar compressed air. By throttling the air supply, the impact energy can be increased/decreased.
The operating temperature is -20°C to +80°C.
Performance data & technical features
- available in 3 different sizes
- Guaranteed service life at maximum pressure: 150,000 impacts
- Electropneumatic version
- accessories: working time pause control, solenoid valves and connection kits
- impact energies: 8.4 – 15.6 J
|3 bar||6 bar||3 bar||6 bar||3 bar||6 bar||[mm]|